Thursday, July 7, 2011

Planning for Allson's 1st and Allison's 4th Birthday Bash (another episode)

Given: Allison loves Dora.

I was really having a hard time looking for an icon to pair up with Dora the Explorer.  Cousin Diego would be the best bet for this but I find heme too mature for Coocoo's birthday theme. I planned on pairing up Dora with Sesame Street's Elmo when I saw their dance showdown in a YouTube video. I wanted Elmo because I am playing with primary colors on our initial plan and he would be the best red baby for this theme.

I pondered on the Dora-Elmo team-up for weeks and I never found any points of intersection on these characters. I don't want  the party theme look "pilit" so I thought of getting another option.

My officemate suggested that I team up Dora with Map. It was a cute idea, but then, Coocoo will look like a supporting character, when this actually his 1st Big Day.

I was browsing on the net when I saw Norie's Blog.  I then fell in love with her Mickey Mouse Playhouse cakes which gave me an idea of a Mickey- Minnie theme. So here we go....

I did a few drafts while I was idle at work:


I will have a plan and a few back -up plans in case we will be constrained by time, skills and of course, resources. 'Til next post...

Xoxo,

Lalai

No comments:

Post a Comment