Saturday, November 26, 2011

Two Weeks of Struggle

Their dad left us shortly after their birthday celebration. And that was.... on the very next day!

I tried to push thru with a post birthday celebration for the kids to make use of the left over cakes and cuppies, balloons, party hats, candies, lootbags, and tutus. Before I tell you the story behind the reason why I was out and struggling for more than two weeks now, let me share a few captures from our backyard celebration:





Now, for the story where the struggles all began.




Drich and I fought over a very petty reason, which I wish not to disclose for the meantime.:)  He left us that Sunday morning. The neighborhood kids were already invited for an afternoon party and there's no way that I can not push it through. I had to do everything on my own again.

There you go..... Money hunt, groceries, cooking, contacts and preps. All done by myself. Alone. I can't complain. Because, again, I am alone.:)


Monday. I was still able to do the usual first-day-of-the-week to-do's and was even able to run an errand for some dog food and scheduled a session with the sonologist. That Monday, I found out we're having another baby girl. I was happy.

Come Tuesday. It was a so so day. Haven't heard anything from my husband yet. But that's okay. I'm used to his stow away- give me time to think about things- i need time alone drama. That night though, while I was at the office, our Meralco meter base at home got burned and our whole block was power out.  The neighbors were able to get their lines fixed the next day as they only had problems with their wirings. But ours was a big facer. We need to get a new base, start a new line and request for a new service application.


Wednesday. The Meralco inspector gave us instructions on filing for a new service app and installing the new wires and meter base. This was not a joke at all. Imagine, we had to scout for gazillions of hardwares to look for the right wire types and sizes. The wire buying task took us almost half a day which did not leave us a choice but to push the installation job for the next day.

Thursday. The money-hunt day.:) I was left with no choice but to withdraw from the kids' bank account. I was saving their money for the holidays but that's the only quick fix I can think of for the meantime. I was able to get a thousand from Nanay Mily for the Meralco Application and stuff. I didn't waste a second then. I rushed to Meralco to secure a meter base and fill out some forms and all.


In the afternoon, while I was trying to set myself for a siesta, I felt this adrenalin rush and decided to clean the garage and frontyard. Mom saw me rummaging through some bins and she helped me with it. We were able to collect old car spare parts, my kids' empty milk cans, some old toils, old boxes and empty distilled water bottles. This looks like an afternoon trip to the Junk Shop! And so we did:
 




We were able to sell these junk for a total of 408Pesos! Not bad!


Friday. All materials were successfully bought. Our Certificate of Final Electrical Inspection was  requested from the City Hall. I thought everything was set. The field inspector paid us a visit but he requested to have a few wires changed again. I was disheartened and almost gave up. Well, I actually gave up that day. I'm left with a few hundreds in my wallet and I can not spend that for another roll of wire. I was saving them in my billfold for Allson's milk and household allowance.

Come on Lalai, you can't fall apart today. Well, I think you deserve a little rest. Let's go visit your Ate Nice at Chateau Elysee. So there you go...








The kids enjoyed some swimming spree 'til about seven. They then dropped me off at the office for my night shift :)

The Weekend. No updates yet. Still struggling, but getting by. :)

I know, I'll get through this. God will always provide. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment