Saturday, July 12, 2014

Officially, A Stage Nanay

It was a dream for me to be hands on with my kids.  I was as supportive as ever.  And just recently, I was given the chance to be a stage nanay to my Aton.

Ever since she started attending the special science class, she became very busy and never ran out of activities. Curriculars and co-curriculars. Days have been jam packed... She's getting used now to waking up at 5AM to prep herself for school. In class from 7AM to a little after 4PM. Tutorials from 5PM 'til 6PM. But still had energy to play with her siblings by the time she gets home. Where is this energy coming from? :)

The parents were all oriented with how the acad calendar would be. So it really was not surprising anymore. I just had to be ready!

On the first month, they started preparing for their culminating activity, which was supposedly held by last week of June, but then postponed to first week of July. This gave us more time to prepare then. :)

Just imagine how my 6-year old was able to memorize two (2) considerably long story telling pieces in a short time! We had the stories posted on the wall and she memorized them her self. I really didn't want to push her into this big memorization thing. But she enjoyed it anyway :)

I wanted a standee for her story telling but then I didn't have the budget to have somebody make one for us. So i tried to DIY it! Kuripot/dukhang nanay, it is!

I made an old lady (pseudo) standee using the biggest illustration board I can find at National Bookstore:


I started painting it but I ran out of blue water color, midway! :( This resourceful nanay then painted half of it with white poster paint mixed with a few drops of blue food coloring. Di naman pala masyadong halata yung difference nila. So let me call that, a success! Haha..

Then i made these farm animals for her hand props:


And painted another (pseudo) standee for her story telling in Filipino:


I suddenly turned into a props man slash stage nanay!

Before we left for school early in the morning, we had run throughs for her story telling pieces.


Now, for her dance performance, she did an ancient Egyptian Dance:


And finally, for her Science Experiment, she showed her classmates how to make a lava lamp:


Grabe. The two weeks were really jam-packed!

And her presentations were all successful! Thank you for always guiding us, Papa God!

And we concluded the event with a Speaking Achievement Certificate:


I love being this hands on to my Aton, for the very first time in her four years of schooling. I hope I can be this hands on and full-time. I wish I can always be a Stage Nanay. I wouldn't mind having very little (sometimes, even zero) rest at all. All for my aton. All for my indians. I will be their ever supportive nanay. 'Til the end of my days :) #joysofsinglemommyhood

Xoxo, 

Lorie

No comments:

Post a Comment