Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saving Mother Earth

My circle knows how fanatic I am with saving our dear Mother Earth. 
My dad was once assigned in Puerto Princesa as the Division Manager/ Station Commander of the Philippine Ports Authority. That's why I was able to live for sometime in the beautiful main island of Palawan.

At my young age, daddy made me aware of the importance of biodiversity (yes, believe me!), clean air, clean water... stuff like that. When I was 4, he has already taught me how to sow and plant veggies and grow trees in the garden. At 5, he taught me about garbage segregation. When I was about 6 or 7 years old, he was already teaching me the implications of smoke belchers and carbon monoxide. So, I was very very aware of this cause. Very, very aware.:)

It always saddens me when I see people tossing their cigarette butts or candy wrappers or their smallest trash outside their car windows.  I become judgmental. I see them as arrogant and unconcerned earthlings. Lol

[lalal]

Let's start by signing here: http://no2mininginpalawan.com/ 

[The Save Palawan Movement launched the “No to Mining in Palawan” signature campaign on February 3 in the hope of putting an end to mining activities in Palawan, known as the Philippines’ Last Ecological Frontier. The campaign aims to raise ten million signatures to deliver a strong message to the Philippine and Palawan governments so that they would finally say no to mining in Palawan and help protect one of the Philippines’ last remaining treasures.]

Xoxo,

Lalai



No comments:

Post a Comment