Thursday, October 13, 2011

13 October 2011. Cake Supplier Search

I have been reading a lot of online forums and blogs in search for the best suppliers for my kids' birthday bash. I am almost done with the list and this day was allotted for our search for a cake supplier.

I got in touch with a few suppliers in the past couple of months--

  • Karen Alvarez of A Bag of Goodies
  • Cakes and Memories
  • TJ's Bakeshop
  • Jeng Abua of Twin Angels
And visited a few bakeshops--

  • Aggy's @Festival Super Mall Alabang
  • (our hometown's) Balayong- no joke! I've commissioned them to make celebration cakes for my cousins and niece's birthdays for more than thrice and they never failed to deliver
  • Baker's Fair @Star Mall Alabang
  • Goldilocks @Walter Mart Dasma
  • Red Ribbon @SM Dasma
Can't decide yet...:(

I browsed on older pictures of our older celebration cakes and here's what I got hold of:

Loreen Allison's First Week-- chocolate pound cake in fondant:



Loreen Allison's Christening Cake by Goldilocks-- Care Bears moist chocolate cake in boiled icing:



Loreen Allison's First Birthday Cakes by Goldilocks (c/o Pizza Hut)-- moist chocolate cake with chocolate chips and customized Girls R' Us Cake by Red Ribbon:


Loreen Allison's 2nd Birthday Cake by Red Ribbon-- moist chocolate cake in boiled icing. The cake's name was Little John, I asked RR to replace the topper with a little girl figurine and I added 2 Blue clips, trying hard to fit into our Blue's Clues theme:


Lola's 65th Birthday Cake (DIY :)-- 2 layer chocolate cake in butter icing) Did the 65 topper while I was on coffee break at the office:



Loreen Allison's 3rd Birthday Cupcakes by her dad (we didn't plan to hold a party and buy a cake but a sudden burst came and we decided to hold a small one in our front yard and barely had 40minutes to make the cupcakes so the boiled icing was stubborn and sloppy. Excuses... excuses...):


Allson Lorenzo's Christening Cake by Red Ribbon-- chocolate cake in boiled icing, they didn't allow me to customize the colors so I had a little bout with the RR staff in ATC:

Ate Mariel's 11th Birthday Cake by Balayong Bakery (which I ordered a day before)--- moist chocolate cake with fudge filling and chocolate chips in boiled icing :





Four weeks and 2 days to go... Oh, Papa God.... Please help me decide now...:))

Xoxo,

Lalai

No comments:

Post a Comment