Monday, May 9, 2011

A Dinner Date with Old Friends

I had a date with my Psych blockmaties from UPD last Saturday and I brought Allison with me.  It was good seeing these people again after, uhmmm... more than six (6) years.  I just can't say enough about how we all have grown and ehmmm... matured! Lol!
One of the best things about this get together was, I felt so part of them! I am now the exact opposite of how I was back in college. And I am happy about that change. When I think about how I used to be then, I feel a little sad and regretful. ;D  I never had the chance to bond with them before since I was busy with my world. Which was, errr.... bad.
A lot has changed but some things remained the same.  And I am very very happy about the things that changed, and the things that remained the same.
We are all living separate lives now and the dinner date became a good venue for us to bond and update each other of our whereabouts....
Macs, still a corporate slave (says she) and has spent her career life in th IT field. 
Marie and Isa, still single? But still beautiful as ever! And I just realized that the BPO Industry is such a small world that Marie knew most of the BPO HR personnels we had in GE Money.
Jab, the "somebody" she introduced in the last reunion, is a nobody now. Huwaaaat?! After 6 long years of being together?! Oh, well. There's nothing more shocking than that. Eh!
Kahrs, she's getting hitched next month.  What a good news!
While Me, myself and Ulai, proudly introduced my three-year old Allison to them. My daughter had a great time with these guys and even with Kahrs' husband-to-be. 
We set ourselves to meet at 7PM @ G5, but got together only at about 9 in the evening and had dinner @ Kitchen, Greenbelt 3. I had Missing Ink (which seemed to me like adobong pusit, with green peas) and Cool It (mint iced tea) for dinner, which I had to share with Allison. 
The Missing Ink ü (which was obviously not missing at all)

I wasn't able to join the guys on the night-out since I have a kid with me. I'll just probably make up for it next time.  We parted ways at around 11:30.
Allison and I were walking by the outskirts of Ayala's ParkSquare, and my dearest little one was forcing me to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" with her, out loud, on a gloomy starless night. Lol. It sure was funny. And she was making actions with the song! She certainly had that much energy to sing with all her lungs out. At 12 midnight!
We guys are to see each other soon again. On Kahrs and Erbi's Big Day. I will look forward to that.  Now, I suddenly miss college, and UP Diliman, and the PHAn Lobby, and Sunken Garden. And Mr. Palis and Dr. David+ and everybody!! Huhuhu... Sniff sniff..

No comments:

Post a Comment