Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Choo-choo Train Experience

Prologue/ Side-kwento: I was making major adjustments on a client's dress when it occured to me that I was left with merely 2 1/2 yards of orange chiffon.  I started detaching the dress details while I was at the office the night before and thought I'd be ready for the major repair last Tuesday morning. And I was wrong.

I've been to every fabric store in town searching for the right shade and type but it was just unfortunate that all these stores did not carry that one specific tangerine hue. I was left with no choice but to got to Divi at two in the afternoon.  (I have regular work shift at 8PM, where I usually leave the house at around 5:30 PM to get to work on time.)  So, I just wished my self good luck! :)  You are superwoman and you can do that, Ulai! Lol!

Arrived in Divi at around 4:30 PM and managed to get the goods in a flash.  And side-trip to getting the fabric for Jiji's dress.  It was a walkathon from Ilaya to the PNR Station in Tutuban. But it was fun. :))

I decided to take the train going to office to avoid the traffic jam.  I was lucky enough to arrive at the station at exactly 5:25 PM and the last trip to Alabang is at 5:35 PM.  This was my first time to ride the PNR train and was shocked that it would only require me 20 peso powers to get to Alabang!  What a buy!  It's like just half a liter of V-Power Diesel minus the toll!
Photo Credits: Backpackertrail

I was able to get a good seat at the ladies/pwds/ senior citizens' coach and it really was comfy at least on the first few minutes of the ride.  After some time, the condition went worse but still a little manageable. It's a ride where you can never get yourself to rest.  For one, you have to be weary of your stuff.  You'd hear passengers yelling from time to time.  I guess a few people got used to this condition and they can really manage to nap despite the noise, ventilation and cramming inside.  The travel time was like an hour and 45 minutes.  It was an assurance that I won't be late for work that night, so I took the chance.  But I really can't decide yet if I'll ride the PNR again.  I guess there's some argument between saving gas and footwork versus convenience versus losing your sanity. Lol


Xoxo,

Lalai

No comments:

Post a Comment